Stupid August. And move on to the cons of living in Franklin. And their home state of Tennessee too. The service is warm and friendly and makes you feel like youre getting a hefty dose of Southern Hospitality. Homeowners associations are prevalent in the Franklin area. Nepotism runs free since this leadership has been in place. Kentucky's income tax rate is a flat 5% for everyone. Thus, we can not be held liable for any losses suffered by any party because of the information published on this website. Median household income is a lofty $135,000 and 91.5% of residents are homeowners. Two playgrounds are available including one that is self-contained, along with a Storybook Trail which is comprised of a series of panels that allow parents to read aloud a story to their children as they walk. You can still tour the home of Elvis Presley, learn about his work, and get to know his life. Humidity. With a combined state and county sales tax rate of nearly 10%. Franklin, Tn Housing Market. You can tour numerous historic sites in Tennessee. Franklin is a town in Tennessee with a population of 81,531. Brentwood housing prices are steep for this part of the country with median home prices in the $500,000 range. Even your housing expenses are going to be reasonable unless you decide to live in an urban area like Nashville or Memphis. Middle Tennessee runs around $400,000. So, with those highlights taken care of. Extremely clean and cozy. Next up, one of the best things about your new Franklin lifestyle. The environment is very clean, and there are good job opportunities available. And unlike Hurricanes that reak havoc on Texas and Florida. Everyone is very friendly. Cheap cost of living. Literature has a home in Tennessee as well. You will also discover that housing prices are rising rapidly, so you will need to start looking right away for a place to live if you plan on moving right away. Maybe a couple degrees cooler. Here are some of the pros: High-ranking by U.S. News: Knoxville, TN was ranked #46 on the U.S. News & World "125 Best Places to Live in the USA" list. Of course, I may end up staying in MS, who knows. CON of Living in Gallatin: Summer's are HOT. More Cost of Living or Compare Clarksville's Cost of Living. If you are on the outside looking in, then this environment can feel exclusionary, and there may not be much that you can do about it. The festival is in its 37th year and expects around 85,000 visitors so if youre thinking about applying to be a vendor, this sounds like a great opportunity. A gateway city to the Smoky Mountains. I live near the edge of town, where there is a lot of farmland, but I love downtown Franklin as well! Here are some of the pros and cons to consider if you are thinking about a move to this state. You will also discover that it can be challenging to make new friends in the first days and weeks after your move. You will also have to deal with restrictions. Everyone is friendly and its near the country side, so if it ever gets overwhelming, theres a place to retreat to. Explore the homes with Gourmet Kitchen that are currently for sale in Covington, TN, where the average value of homes with Gourmet Kitchen is $167,000. Depending on the part of the state you're located in, the summers can feel warmer than other parts of the state. 7. What you will also find is that local businesses flourish in these communities. Skip to content (423) 716-3025. . You will like living here. Cons: Almost nothing to do at night unless you're aware of the rare few strip clubs there are, or if your friends are crazy and stay up until 12 at night. This property is Bankruptcy with an estimated market value of $199,974 . Accompanied by a surprising and refreshing amount of diversity. The median home value is around $146,500 and monthly apartment rentals are around $700 per month. For a cheaper alternative outside of Nashville, consider relocating to Murfreesboro. If you're thinking about becoming Tennessee's newest member, feel free to make contact with Felix Homes at 615-354-5731, or contact@felixhomes.com to discuss residential options. You will not be disappointed with what you get to enjoy when attending a popular event like Bonnaroo. About Us. The downtown area boasts some great festivals too. Be sure to get your financial house in order before you move. MLS # Tennessee would first become a territory for the United States in 1789. The pros and cons of living in Tennessee generally have the positives outweighing the negatives. And put up with a few minor downsides mostly brought on by its popularity, geography, and climate. Ft. Franklin, TN offers the best kind of juxtaposition: It has a quaint and charming downtown and preserved historical sites, yet is an innovative city with a burgeoning tech scene. May also be why your allergies pick up shortly thereafter. It is ironic, perhaps, with all the festivals and musical celebrations, that it can be hard to make friends and feel a part of the community. The state average and the Chattanooga median home costs are lower than the national average of US$291,700. Because businesses are finding it a prime location for expansion and job creation. The crime rate is low, so I feel safe walking around at night. And middle-Tennesse including Franklin is no different. Agricultural, tourism, and manufacturing all provide a strong GDP for Tennessee each year, with the primary products including cattle, poultry, and soybeans. Pros:-easy . Some neighborhoods need to worry about gang violence in Tennessee. Plus nearby trails for strolling, jogging, and biking. Most anywhere you choose to locate here, you will be close to all the essentials. Driving is a way of life when you live anywhere in Tennessee. Named after Founding Father Benjamin Franklin, the town is most famous for the Battle of Franklin in 1864 which was considered one of the biggest disasters of war for the confederate states army. An educational website created to help you achieve success one step at a time. Opening in 2007, it offers a full-service bar along with great food that will make you want to stay until the final encore. Downtown Franklin has a multitude of interesting shops and restaurants. Overall, I think this town is a great place to live and I'm really happy here. 6. 6. Pros And Cons Of Living In Maryville TN. Thats why I love to come along beside transplants and help guide them through finding the perfect fit for them. 3. You can stretch your legs on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Lewisburg Avenue is a beautiful part of the city that has maintained its, original appearance and charm by having limited construction since 1935. But doesnt have very extensive coverage. 5. Checking rates won't affect your credit score. As of January 2021, Zillow reports that Knoxville's typical home value is $218,101. Compared to many other less expensive Tennessee cities. The farm also hosts the nationally renowned Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival each year. The public schools in Franklin are highly rated. What are the pros & cons of each city? Every once in a while, a storm will roll through with heavy lightning and hail. With more than 500 square miles of land, Nashville is a spread-out city. Let's take a look at some of the cons of living here as well! When you can find the right balance of comfort and compromise, you will discover that this state really is an amazing place to live. I absolutely love living in this town. It is a struggle to run out of things to see and do once you start living here. Imago Dei is a small but mighty local shop selling high-quality clothing, home goods, and jewelry for women and children. 3 Beds. Dont forget the Slawburger Festival in Fayetteville! With other businesses moving to and making investments in and around the Franklin area. And created nearly 200 jobs. I recently moved here and I fell in love with the city. !Please reach out to me if you're moving to the Nashville area and have any questions at all, and I would love to help you find where you belong!Jennifer GramlingLHI Homes Text/Call: 629.239.5688 Email: thenashvilleniche@gmail.comBrokered byLuxury Homes International615-829-3428Found You - Atch https://soundcloud.com/atch-musicCreative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported CC BY 3.0Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/_found-youMusic promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/vlTLsmc5MCQ ; Pro: Hendersonville has a great quality of life, with plenty of recreational and cultural activities available. Home prices in Tennessee have appreciated 55. . Hincheyville was one of Franklin's first residential additions. Today, I'd want to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Franklin, Tennessee. You also have the option to take a taxi or hire an Uber, but life becomes easier if you can afford the expense of a car. Spring rains combat pollen. Grocery, home improvement stores, restaurants, and exercise facilities will be just minutes away. It is definitely one of the safer places to live, and the school systems are amazing. They may come few and far between, but those sirens are sure to go off at least once a year. Future job growth in Tennessee over the next 10 years is projected to be 41.6%. This is probably one of the cheapest areas in the country. It's a great place for anyone who wants to have some more space and land, but also be close enough to shopping and restaurants. The vibrant colors from the changing leaves during the fall season. Franklin is the place where you can see one of the most historic Main Streets in the United States. Along with a few other inconveniences that come with living in this part of the country. But you are only about 200 miles away from Knoxville. Also, there are several access points in and around town to the Harpeth River. So, if you enjoy four-season living. Bringing more than 200 jobs to the area. There are many pros and cons to The Willard but I'm not sure the pros outweigh the cons. Tennessee Tourism 3. There are multiple nuclear power plants in Tennessee that produce electricity. The state of Tennessee job market has grown by 1.8% over the last year. Along with private options from Uber and Lyft. There are lots of cute, affordable stores to shop at, and a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. Put yourself in a pair of soldiers boots by standing in the same trenches that were built to withstand incoming enemies or enjoy a leisurely walk with your family through the trails. If you're thinking of moving to Memphis, here's what you should know. 1. Im here only to share my thoughts about essential topics for success. 3. You will find metropolitan cities like Nashville and Memphis when you move to Tennessee. It really is a one-of-a-kind experience. If you're coming from the north, you'll enjoy the climate Franklin has to offer. 12. Partly because of increasing housing costs. I like smaller towns, like 30-50K. We are thankful for the school system and the teachers in WCS. Low cost of living. Can get small-town stale. And Franklin is no different. Nashville is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Cost of Living. Another cute downtown that makes for a fun visit. For getting where you want to go and when you want to get there. And while some neighborhoods particularly the Downtown, Midtown, 12South, Green Hills, and Hillsboro Village areashave good access to buses, not all of the city has a reliable public transportation system. You can usually cut your property taxes by one-third. It opened not long ago. Its a great spot. Just outside of Franklin to the southwest is Leipers Fork. It has its fire station, shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, and more. Living in Knoxville, TN means there are quite a few comfortable days between 70 and 80F, mainly in spring and fall. If you have an appreciation for older buildings then walking through these neighborhoods will be a treat. Knoxville gets a 7.3/10 rating for comfort, which is just below the national average. But no where . Cons of Living in Tennessee. If you like summertime temperatures which feel like you are taking an afternoon at the beach, then living in Tennessee is going to be a challenge for you. Pros & Cons of Living in Chattanooga vs. Knoxville. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. It has a robust workforce. Compared to the northeast, the midwest, or California. Located just outside of one of the biggest music cities in the world, Franklin gives you all the access to big bands, great shows, and new talent without the hassle of big city living. check out the opportunities at AcreTrader, the big attractions about Tennessee living, the free online app from Personal Capital, 3-acre pond for catch and release fishing, 5-kilometer track for walking and running. Terrible. Cost of Living in Franklin: https://youtu.be/su5WdJThjfACost of Living in Nashville: https://youtu.be/Sw2StBH66RsNashville Relocation Guide https://bit.ly/3t06402Did you enjoy this video or find it helpful? 2. If you want a different type of southern fare, try the Cajun flavors over at Yats. Gruesome crime rates. Almost every area in the United States encounters some type of severe weather. Low housing cost. Each one has its unique aspect and history along with amazing architecture that tells the story of the neighborhoods growth. And the state you are moving from, your savings can be substantial. Cities like Nashville and Memphis are growing so rapidly that there are times when the planners seem unable to keep up. Nashville living is one of the most desirable lifestyles for those looking for a vibrant and exciting city to call home. ft. home is a 3 bed, 2.0 bath property. Next, and before I wrap this up, allow me to touch on a few weather-related cons of Franklin living. Franklin has many gorgeous neighborhoods including the . There is a local coffee shop in almost every community. While youre there, pick up one of their signature scent Imago Dei candles or browse their selection of gorgeous spiritual-themed jewelry to find a piece that speaks to you. You can get Tennessee barbecue either wet or dry, but you will discover that most folks use a spicy dry rub on their ribs to create the flavors that are a trademark of the state. The holidays are the perfect time for the community to come together for the annual Dickens of a Christmas event. I absolutely love living in this town. The restaurant has sophisticated look but serves up fast-casual food inspired by the owners New Orleans roots. With quick access to Read More, Completed in 2021, Broadwest is Nashville's newest mixed-use development located in the heart of downtown Nashville. Good public schools. There are pros and cons to consider in living in a certain place. You can find every type of food in Frankin from upscale dining to home-style cooking. Because from February through April. While public transportation is available. If you're any part of LGTBQIA+, POC, or anything other than white, RUN AWAY AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE. This is probably one of the cheapest areas in the country. And being able to get outside because of the nice weather leads us to another one of the benefits of living in Franklin. Write a Review. Many want to move here and for good reason, it's amazing!! Locals enjoy living in a town with such a large amount of historical significance and they enjoy the sense of community that the town has to offer. Tennessee has its big city wonders, but the charm of the state still lies with the small towns that you can find from the east to the west. Chef Jason Mcconnel serves up southern comfort foods with a modern twist including poboys, fried green tomatoes, and pimento cheese BLT. 10 Best Cities for STEM Workers. Alcoa is the cheapest place to live in Tennessee. Niche ranks thousands of places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and expert insights. The community does a great job of organizing and hosting gatherings for the town for every season that attract visitors from all over. That included names like the Vice Lords, Aryan Nation, Gangster Disciples, SUR-13, the Bloods, and the Crips. Nashville has a myriad of recording studios. You can even visit Sun Studio, Loretta Lynns ranch, and walk in the footsteps of the greats like Aretha Franklin when you start living in Tennessee. Another historical house youll want to tour is the Carter house at 1140 Columbia Ave which offers 60-minute tours along with slavery education, battlefield, and extended tours. Civil war buffs will enjoy being surrounded by a piece of American History whether its touring one of the historical areas or visiting one of the educational museums, theres history everywhere you look in Franklin. Yes, Franklin is a good place to live. First of all, the peak summer months of July and August are hot. Restaurants. I've lived in Franklin my whole life (19 years) it is my safe haven! Full of some amazing . Nashville is home to just under 700,000 residents, but it continues to boom. I have grown up in the Franklin area. A road trip to Dollywood can be a fun experience if youre interested in the legend of Dolly Parton. I find out new things about Franklin everyday, whether it be a historical site or just a pretty neighborhood I hadn't seen before. I recently moved here and I fell in love with the city. Franklin is overall a nice place to live. There is something good here. Renting faces a similar dilemma when you start moving to Texas. Here are some for Henderson, TN: Pro: Hendersonville is a safe community with low crime rates. Minor League Baseball is present with the Nashville Sounds and the Memphis Redbirds. As a transplant myself, I totally understand the stresses that come along with trying to find a new home in a new city. The autumn colors in Tennessee are absolutely gorgeous. Last but not least. Franklin transit provides a fixed-route bus system. So, the same nice weather that let you go for a comfortable bike ride in March. Their pay and benefit packages are great. Residents complain about it. Chow down and drink up at 55 South located at 403 Main street. Some of the most sought after public schools in TN. Landmark booksellers have been established since 2005 and its owned and operated by a lovely couple of native Tennesseans. ; Pro: Hendersonville has a strong economy, with many job opportunities available. If you purchase a home in the Memphis area, then you will be facing a bill each year that is closer to $2,000 annually instead. It is the largest suburb in the greater metro area and an excellent place for a family to settle down. The area has homes as old as the 1880's and its been able to keep an outstanding collection of dwellings that keep the area's history alive. If youre looking for somewhere a little more artistic, try spending the afternoon at Gallery 202. Make sure that you know what your evacuation route happens to be if local authorities call for one. Some of the locations are even free to visit. Several years ago, Nissan North America moved its headquarters from the Los Angeles area to Franklin. Home to several health care companies, Franklin is also a haven for health care. To accomplish this, we hold ourselves and our . The city has so much, going for it already and it just keeps getting better. I love downtown Franklin and it is a popular hangout spot for all ages. There are storms with hail and severe lightning that blow through occasionally. Instead, Im a 50-something-year-old, early retired CPA, finance professional, and business school teacher with 40+ years of DIY dividend investing experience. There is a variety of places to eat at, things to do. There is a certain level of superficial interaction here that causes people to stick to their own tribes. 471. Now, some of us have to work. The crime rate is low, so I feel safe walking around at night. Franklin has a small-town feel about it. Liberty Park is located at 2080 Turning Wheel lane and houses 3 baseball diamonds within the 85-acre park. 4. Calculated annually per 100,000 residents. Best Suburbs for Young Professionals in Tennessee, Places with the Best Public Schools in Tennessee, Suburbs with the Best Public Schools in Tennessee. A very temperate climate. Monteagle celebrates Trails and Trilliums, while Warburgs Mountain Laurel Festival is equally beautiful. As our top moving to Franklin pros and cons continue. The company as a whole is family oriented and they truly care for their employees. Franklin, TN is a beautiful place to live! If your primary source of income is through investments, then you will see a bit of a tax bill. It has received the Money magazines award as the 4th Best Place to Live in America due to many factors including low unemployment, expanding job growth, and highly ranked schools. Lets delve a little deeper into the advantages and disadvantages of moving here. Some host live music events, others work with local farms to create unique menus, and Crema has been awarded a top finish at the Specialty Coffee Association of Americas annual competitions. I find out new things about Franklin everyday, whether it be a historical site or just a pretty neighborhood I hadn't seen before. If you are older than 65, have a total income of less than $37,000 (single) or $68,000 (joint), then you are also exempt. On the other hand, if you are moving to Franklin from one of the major U.S. metropolitan areas. 13. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. There are a plethora of family-friendly activities happening year-round. See our site policies and contact information. You already know about the historic downtown area. And a Main Street full of shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. Most Expensive Homes: Homes less than 10 yrs old: All Single Family Homes: Pros; Entertainment : Expanding amenities : Cost of living : Cons; Hot, humid summers: Growth and sprawl: Crime rates: . Warm Weather. Pros of Living in Murfreesboro, TN. Copyright 2023, The Matt Ward Group at Benchmark Realty. Furthermore, Franklin is one of the safest towns in Tennessee. Williamson County IS NOT a great place to live, unless you're anti-science, white, and male. Joint filers receive their first $2,500. First of all, many communities have swimming pools, soccer fields, and playgrounds. Rude people with little to no respect for others. Learn more about Franklin and the Reasons To Visit America's Favorite Quintessential Main Street. Because its nothing compared to those places. Based on the housing stock, population density, and the proximity of amenities of the area. With low precipitation and slightly above-average temperatures, it's a great place for anyone who prefers warmer weather. State-wide, the typical home runs around $230,000. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment can range from $500 to $700 in many areas. The summers can be brutal when you start living in Tennessee. This includes housing costs (Tennessee's median home cost is $146,000 compared to $205,000 for the nation), utilities, and public transportation costs. Also, there is an on-demand curb to curb pick-up and drop-off service called TODD that you can schedule. Franklin has also earned the rare honor of ranking in the top 10 percentile among all cities. Mars was the most amazing job that I have every worked. Many families and young professionals live in Franklin and residents tend to lean conservative. You will also discover that the same spice combination makes for an excellent addition to grilled vegetables too. There are over 9,000 caves for you to explore when you live in Tennessee. Franklin is a town in Tennessee with a population of 81,531. 14. 110. The crime rate is low, so I feel safe walking around at night. Overall, Franklin is a wonderful place to live. PRO: The Weather in Knoxville is Mild Most of the Year. The Tennessee Titans represent the National Football League, while the Memphis Grizzlies play in the NBA. Unclaimed $$ Chicken Wings . Share this article. Whether you are working or considering retirement living in Franklin. If you can pull in more than that with your paychecks, then youll be in a good position to save and live a comfortable life. My name is Caitlin and Im a REALTOR in Nashville, Tennessee. Its a great tool to consolidate your spending, budget, and investments all in one place.